Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Post in Which I Get All Political and Self-Serving

I've been asked to contribute to MOMocrats, the moms-for-Edwards website. I'm proud and happy to be part of such a great cause, working with brilliant and articulate women who have a lot to say. Check us out!

I truly believed that John Edwards would be a different kind of president - the kind who does what he says, says what he means, and means to get this country moving in the right direction. I am crushed that he has stepped aside, though I knew from the beginning that I was backing an underdog. But one of the positive things to come out of John Edwards' campaign suspension is my renewed zeal for getting the person who can do the most for our country elected. Which is why my post "The Feminist Vote - Why Hillary Rodham Clinton Won't Get Mine" is live for the world to see.

I was an early Obama supporter, until I started paying close attention to John Edwards' message. Everything he said made perfect sense to me, but most especially his commitment to end poverty and the corporate takeover of our government, and reengage with the global community on a cooperative level. I hope that Barak Obama takes notice of the chords that John Edwards struck with the people of this country, those of us who really do want things to change. And I hope he makes good on his promises, like I know Edwards would have. We'll see.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger PunditMom said...

Welcome to the MOMocrats, even though JE chose the day you joined to withdraw from the race! :O

I'm sure we'll all still have lots of political things to say together!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Mamikaze said...

I am confessing to lurking. I, too, was looking forwarded to voting John Edwards. I am was teetering between Obama and Hillary until today. All the "choose your candidate" quizzes and literature I have been reading had me pointed more towards Hillary, but it just didn't sit right in my gut. I couldn't put my finger on it until I read your post on Momocrats. Thank you for clearing my head.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alisyn,
Visiting my sister MOMocrats posters a blog at a time. Great post on deciding who will get your vote. I can't support Clinton as my first best choice either, though I wish I could.

Cheers,
Cynematic

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home