Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sick

Hazel came into our bed at 3:00 in the morning, burning with fever. I dosed her with Tylenol, cuddled her for a few minutes, then carried her back to her top bunk, where she tossed and turned and hacked with a cough that came out of nowhere. She was perfectly fine all day yesterday.

Poor Hazel. She seems to get every little bug that goes around, and always has. Her immune system is challenged, I think (it runs in her family). Mike has been good enough to agree to make a Whole Foods run before heading to work - we need O.J., kids Emergen-C, those fabulous vitamin/zinc lollipops and tranquilizers (for me. I WISH.)

It's gonna be a long, grey day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Green said...

Sorry your kid is sickly. I was sick for what seemed like two years straight. First with fever of unknown origin, then my brother and I passed strep back and forth until he got his tonsils taken out. It was when I was four and five.

I grew up to get sick three times a year through elementary and middle school, each time lasting for a week or two (usually missing a week of school each time if it wasn't during a vacation). Now I usually get sick once or twice a year.

I will cross my fingers for you/her that she feels better soon.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww. Poor Hazel (and poor mom!). We're the same way, totally immune system challenged.

A - please let me know if you need anything. Happy to run any errands, pick up meds, etc.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home