Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Our First Vacation In Five Years...

... without the kids. Five years! And we're going to Minnesota. Where it will be snowing and in the 30's. And you know what? WE. DON'T. EVEN. CARE!!!

Mike's flying out a day ahead of me to check into a possible job in Rochester, which, by all accounts, seems like a pretty cool city: Less than an hour from Minneapolis/St. Paul, home to the Mayo Clinic, tons of really cool and affordable homes, and lovely people (if the people we know from Rochester are any indication of how kind the townsfolk are). I fly out on Friday, and our plan is to tool around the town on Saturday, check out some houses, and have dinner with friends. Sunday morning we'll brunch and tool around some more, then we'll come home late Sunday night.

Short and sweet, I know. But honestly? The flight alone - six blissful hours with only my book, my iPod and unlimited cocktails - will be a vacation for me. My mom is in town to stay with the girls, and I don't think they'll even notice we're gone.

But I will.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO. JEALOUS.
*pouts*

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah..move to Minnesota. Maybe I'd be able to see you sometimes :)

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooo, hope you had fun! Vacations can be so wonderful. Welcome, by the way - big cyber wave, I live in Minnesota!! We love visitors and will offer hugs if you move in next door.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home