Thursday, January 25, 2007

From The Mouths of My Babes

The girls and I just returned from a six day SoCal extravaganza. I'm happy to be home - the girls don't sleep well when we're away, and when they don't sleep, I don't sleep, since we share a room at my parents' house. And we all really missed Sadie, too - I swear, she's grown noticeably in just six days. But it's always so hard to say goodbye to our family. No visit is ever long enough. I miss them already.

We flew down to visit with my brother, Wyatt, who has just returned from his first Marine deployment (he was in Asia). It was so good to see him (and speaking of growing, guess who's seriously buff now?). We had a fun, relaxing time. I forgot to take my camera, and missed countless adorable moments with the great grandparents, the Saint Bernard puppy and the uncles, but I stored the verbal highlights of the trip here in the Simm card of my brain.

Hazel to Violet, on the flight down, really, really loudly
:
"Violet, sit like a lady, so everyone can't see YOUR VAGINA!"

Violet, to me, while knocking on Uncle Kyle's bedroom door, sadly:

"Unca Ky-ah, wuk. Home tsoon?" Translation: Uncle Kyle's at work. Is he coming home soon? Note: Longest sentence ever!

Hazel, to me, on the flight home, really, really loudly:

"Mama, are toots hiccups in our BUTTS?"

Violet, to no one in particular:

"'Adie, home. Mitt huh." Translation: Sadie's at home. I miss her.

Hazel, to me, about Violet's outfit:

"She looks like a happy elf waitress!" Note: An inspired description of Vi's outfit, indeed. I'll wash it and post a pic soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger happypix said...

The Vagina comment is priceless! Made me laugh almost as hard as the Mystery Farter post from last year...

5:00 PM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Too funny!

"...toots hiccups in our BUTTS?"

Yup!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home