Friday, October 06, 2006

Feel Good Friday

In the spirit of spewing happiness and light (see previous post), here are ten things that have me feeling good today:

1. The rain! The fog! The highs in the 60s! I'm in heaven...

2. Floradix. I've only been taking it a week, but I swear, I can feel it working. Hazel's taking it, too, and I've noticed her energy level is picking up, which is good.

3. The YMCA. Yesterday I took the girls to the (free!!) childcare room for the first time. Hazel smiled and waved when I told her it was time for my pilates class to start, and Violet just looked at me and shrugged. They both got upset when I came back an hour and a half later to take them home, because they didn't want to leave. Amazing. I'm sore from the pilates, but in a virtuous, feel-good kind of way.

4. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs. My new favorite band. Went to see them last weekend and can't stop raving about them. Karen O is mezmerizing.

5. Kashi's new line of Tasty Little Cookies. Specifically, the Oatmeal Raisin with Flax variety, which have more fiber, protein and whole grain, than a bowl of hippie health cereal. I let the girls eat them for breakfast this morning!

6. Rainboots. Not only that I actually need some, but that $20 buys me some that look like this. Cool, right?

7. Halloween. It is now seasonally appropriate for me to be listening to "The Nightmare Before Christmas" soundtrack, so I'm wearing a groove in my decade-old CD. I gave Hazel her first "who's who in Halloweentown" lesson last week. Felt good. On a slight downer of a sidenote, she's decided to be Cinderella for Halloween this year. *Sigh* I tried talking her into being Laura Ingalls (starring Violet as the little bulldog, Jack), but it was a no-go. Those goddamn Disney princesses are the bain of my existance. We're going to try to make Violet into an Edward Gorey character, since she reminds us so much of one, anyway.

8. Ramona Sarsgaard. Maggie Gyllenhall and Peter Sarsgaard, my favorite indie-actor couple, named their newborn daughter Ramona. Aghghhhhhh, so cute!

9. The Office. Best half hour on television, hands down. Actually, I'm probably not qualified to say that, since it's the only half-hour of television I watch all week, but it's so, so funny. I've been crushing on Steve Carell since "The 40 Year Old Virgin" came out.

10. Date night. Tonight, Mike and I are going out for Lebanese food, then to see "The Departed." Even if they both suck, which I know they won't, I'll be happy just to be out on the town with my man.

Happy weekending, everyone!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stefania Pomponi Butler aka CityMama said...

Have a fabulous date night!

Ramona! Just the cutest name ever.

2:21 PM  
Blogger posthipchick said...

I'm loving the name Ramona as well.

AND highs in the sixties. Love it.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh mama I'm so glad you're not in a funk anymore!!!!!!!

those rainboots are the bomb.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

YYY's are our local boys. Brooklyn in da house!

Glad you're feeling like yourself again. Good thing. Very good thing.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Debbi said...

Ali you are too funny sometimes. I'm glad you are feeling better and getting some time just for you. Everyone needs that. As for the Disney princess thing rejoice in the fact that this too shall pass. My neighbors little girl has been Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel and this year is Tinkerbelle. I dissuaded Hannah by pointing out astutely that there will be 20 Cinderella's Belles or whatever in her daycare, but I was willing to bet she would be the one and only super original Rapunzel. Which was right? Wanna break the trend and still give her some princess fun, Look for Faerie Tale Theater on DVD at you local Sam's club (or Cosco). They have all 23 episodes on DVD. They rock. They are based on the original real fairy tales with real actors and actresses, not Disneyfied (and unlike you, I really love Disney) but I love these far more. Hannah has a bunch on VHS and she adores them. Rapunzel was one, the Princess and the Pea with Liza Minelli, Snow White, Cinderella, Thumbelina with Carrie Fisher, Sleeping Beauty with a really young Christopher Reeve. These are circa 1980 and were on Showtime (I think) back in the day. Gary loved them when he was a kid and Hannah loves them too. And when the princess thing comes up you have a little more variety and diversity than cookie cutter costumes. Hannah will be Little Red Riding Hood this year. I'm sewing as we speak. Love to all.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

When I tried Floradix, Tessa's poop turned turquoise.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home