Thursday, June 22, 2006

Oh My God: The HEAT!

... And I ain't talkin' 'bout the Miami basketball team, either.

Holy shit, it's hot here! Summer barged in without knocking, and made itself right at home. It was 96 degrees yesterday, and it's inching closer to 100 today. It's brutal.

It's good preparation for our vacation, though. Saturday is D-Day; we take off with two other families for 10 days at a cabin in Balsam Lake, WI, where the weather is pretty much like it is here, except with more humidity. Oof.

The past week has been errands, packing, laundry and shopping. We all got new bathing suits and flip flops. I got some hippie bug spray for the girls that probably won't do much, but smells really nice. I've made peace with the fact that I'm going to be wearing little more than a bathing suit most of the time, and I'm in a good place about it. My philosophy? I deserve to love my body, for all it's done, and all it is. It's not what it used to be, but it's what I've got, and it ain't half bad. Self-love: it's the ultimate vacation. Who knew?

Wishing everyone a happy and relaxing summer -- see y'all in July!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing wrong with loving and appreciating a body that birthed some children.

nothing at all. wear the swimsuit with pride, my dear.

7:57 PM  
Blogger j.sterling said...

self love.. AWESOME! too few women have it!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Make it a bikini, and watch out for the iceburgs in the lake.

Love the blog! Another crazy/hip blog mama.

Rebecca

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home