Friday, May 26, 2006

Mama Needs Some New Ink

A confession:

For the past 10 years, I have been living with (shhh! don't tell anyone) dorky tattoos. See?




The star was my first. I was 19, I really wanted a tattoo, and I liked stars. Um, okay.

The two wavy lines are my sign (Aquarius). I was 20, I really wanted a tattoo, and I liked the zodiac. Riiiight.

Cut to 10 years later, and not only are these tattoos insignificant to me, I find them slightly embarassing. They smack of awkward youth, "finding myself" and, truth be told, they aren't even that good. I love tattoos, don't get me wrong. I just don't love mine. And since laser tattoo removal technology is nowhere near effective enough to remove them completely, I'm getting them covered up.

I made an appointment with Leslie Mah at Diving Swallow Tattoo in Oakland, and tomorrow is my first sitting. The tattoo that Leslie and I came up with together is going to be big, beautiful, vibrant and meaningful. I can't wait to see it on my skin.

Stay tuned for "after" photos!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool...i have tattoos (shhhh, don't tell anyone) that I still love and won't get anymore.

my sister on the other hand...she's the type of girl to get her stomach covered. I'm passing the link on to her about Diving Swallow Tattoo. She's gonna love this.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Yamaha saxophones allegra Plastic surgery liposuction nc Xenical capsulas Pregnancy skin care wholesale management courses in exeter Xenical kn Asianfree live asian sex cams

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home