Monday, March 13, 2006

Milestone Alert!


At just a smidge over 10 months, Violet has reached some pretty major milestones lately. ((Sniff)) She's growin' up so fast!

Violet's menagerie of tricks includes waving bye-bye and hello, using her index finger to point at things she recognizes (Mama, Dada, Hazel, Zoe) and clapping for herself. When she's done eating, she holds her hands up and says "aahhh duuhhh" (all done). Whenever anything, anywhere hits the floor, she's ready with her cute little "uh oh!" She's loves to play catch with Hazel and is shockingly proficient at throwing the ball -- she throws some heat, too. She loves to hold the phone up to her neck and say "yai ya?" And she is on the brink of walking (I give her a month), and is infinitely frustrated by -- and hair raisingly vocal about -- the fact that she can't quite do it yet.

I don't know why I feel compelled to keep track of these things, but I do. Not trying to brag or compare, here (did I mention that she throws heat?), but I think it has something to do with the fact that I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that Violet can do anything. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that she was a tiny, squealing little raisin with a faux-hawk? Wasn't it just last month that she was happy enough to be wedged between the couch and the coffee table, cooing to the furniture and talking to the carpet schmutz? What the hell happened?

It's hard to believe that in just eight weeks, baby Violet will turn one year old. Her infancy has gone by so frighteningly quickly, it almost makes me want another baby, so I can make sure to catch all the tiny, insignificant details, and hold them tightly against my chest, and never let them go.

Almost.

7 Comments:

Blogger shane said...

To say Violet brings the heat may be accurate (I haven't witnessed it personally) but it doesn't do justice to the apparent genes involved. Hazel puts her friends to shame with her throwing arm as well. And that I *have* seen. And their dad can crank it up pretty effortlessly too. Take it from a guy who only survived three years of organized baseball by being able to put a hard spin on 60mph wet paper towels: these girls have something special and should be groomed for exploiting it. Do you guys realize the endorsement cash you could be hauling in if you get one of them in the bigs? Hel-LO Wheaties. OK maybe that's going a little far - but let's at least make sure they get an early start on proper mechanics. Violet doesn't need to be blowing out an elbow at 13 just because she throws like a girl.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Pinterest Failures said...

Write everything down. I am so amazed (and ashamed) of all of the things I have forgotten about my first daughter. The things I remember clearly are that she slept through the night at 6 weeks and walked at 15 months. That's it. I don't remember anything else. I am trying to write everything down for the second.

It freakin FLIES!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Alisyn said...

It sho' do, Hausfrau. And Shane, rest easy: I have 6 years of organized softball under my belt and I can assure you that neither of *my* girls will blow an elbow throwing like a girl. Blow an ankle sliding into home, like their mom did? Maybe. But hey, any player worth her salt's gotta take one for the team sometime.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Debbi said...

You know I swear that our bodies secrete a secret hormone after we give birth that slowly ebbs into the bloodstream, eeking its way into the central nervous system, creeping into our brain and totally annihilating the portion that holds negative and painful memories of childbirth, sleepless nights and morning sickness. Within a year, it takes hold. Then equally as oddly is an amazing transference that comes when you hold an infant in your arms that brings on an sudden and gnawing desire to procreate beyond rational thought. This is why I don't hold the baby across the street. She's cute, she's sweet, she's little and I don't want another one. Oh no, no, no they aren't tricking me again. I think I'm too old, but I'm taking no chances. :)-- Debbi

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
»

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Free sex trailers videos Blowjob 37 Switching from zoloft to paxil cr asian electronics store Automatic+gate+system Julie ferris gay French perfume houses Alpha car audio Fitisin freelance Articles on internet conferencing Asians in sexy diapers http://www.bikini-dare-cj.info/freepicsshavedgirls.html the best insomnia drug besides seroquel Q hot asian teens Where can i purchase bextra online http://www.asians-2.info/South-asian-performance-art.html Jana speaker bikini picture Mature older women photos

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Fantasy final ringtone sprint Anti virus scan free Sports bars green bay Bextra and heart problem

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home