Sunday, January 29, 2006

Penis Talk

Lately, Hazel's been thinking a lot about penises. I'm not really sure why. Today at the library, she wanted to read the boy version of Once Upon A Potty, and more than once, she reminded me that Joshua, the story's main character, had a penis. She likes to review who has a penis in our family, and who doesn't. The last few days, she's been more verbal about it than usual.

Overheard in the bathroom on Saturday morning, as Mike was finishing up his shower:

Hazel: Dada, is it time to go on our bike ride, yet?

Mike: Almost... I'm not quite ready. And neither are you. You need your shoes and a jacket, right?

Hazel: Right!

Mike: And I need to put my clothes on. I can't go outside like this.

Hazel: Yeah! Nobody wants to see your penis!

And tonight, in the middle of her favorite bedtime story, which, rest assured, features no penises, she declared:

"I would be so proud to have a penis, and stand up and pee. I wish I had a penis. When I grow up, I want to have a penis!"

Usually she says she wants to be a musician when she grows up. But hey, peeing while standing is pretty cool, too. Dream big, Haze. Dream big.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well if she stays in the bay area, maybe some day her dreams can come true.

just kidding!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Alisyn said...

I almost said something to that effect in the post, but my mom reads. She would not laugh at that. (But I love it!)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Debbi said...

And if she goes in business for a career, she will continue to wish she had alot of penises on a jar on her desk. LOL. I know I do!!! Also, she will spend countless hours explaining to the penis endowed that she too can pee standing up and even with the awkwardness make less of a mess. You go Hazel!!!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Carlos P said...

this story is totally amazing. thanks aly.

6:30 AM  
Blogger GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

i wanted a penis too. i turned out okay. kind of.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that. The things kids say are so honest, so pure, so simple, and yet it makes you think, "Why not?". Hazel sounds like a very intellectual young lady...This has given me a great chuckle today, and boy did I need it.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Hot tools anti static ion diffuser hair dryer Blackberry belle fasting lose weight Verplaatsen van een waterbed Bontril without a perscription Cheap india calling should girls be able to play football Skye answering machine Taylor soft serve ice cream machine football huddle at eye lever lynchburg christian football football positions and rules 98 malibu body kit hockey fantasy Headrests wheel chairs herbal pain relief Ab loung pro dream fitness pdas repair pre-filtered isp parental control http://www.phendimetrazine-tartrate.info/Dodge-auto-sales-aurora-colorado.html

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site savaria wheelchair lift Use of provigil with cfs Slot 1 vs slot a Girls who eat ass Interferon beta or celexa or citalopram or lyrica Online us bingo http://www.nikki-benz.info Nail polish spray dryers sauna Monte cassino museum Interior designer business resources http://www.auto-insurance-8.info Yahoo protonix 40 mg Cheap van rentals nashville tn Hotel furniture las vegas salsa dresses Incorporation changes merchant processing account Peel district school board orthodontic insurance

11:32 AM  
Blogger checking said...

your site..
penis extender

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home