Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Happy Birthday, Mike!

And many happy returns on this, your 34th birthday!

When you come home tonight, your birthday dinner of meatloaf, smoked gouda and bacon mashed potatoes, and garlic sauteed broccoli will be waiting for you. We'll have a chocolate torte with 34 candles to blow out, and you can open the gifts the girls and I picked out for you. When they hit the sack, you and I can enjoy a glass of red wine and a movie or a CD.

I'll try to have the girls bathed and PJ'd before you come home, to spare you the trials and tribulations of bathtime on your special day ("I don't want to wash hair!" and "Make my towel like a burrito!" just don't have the same ring as "Happy Birthday" do they?).

It makes me so happy to be celebrating another year with you. You are such a joy; your genuine kindness towards everyone you know makes me strive to be a better person. Your exuberance and energy when you are with our girls warms my heart. You are the greatest husband and the best dad in the whole world. I love you. Happy day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stefania Pomponi Butler aka CityMama said...

I know it's your birthday dinner and all, but...um...could I just sneak a plate? I'll bring my own tuppeware. That is my favorite dinner of all time. Happy Birthday to your old man!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Debbi said...

Happy birthday my sweetest of cousins. You know you are the warm spot in my heart always. I adore you and your wonderful family. And you have a lot of nerve being 34. Sheesh, that means I'm gonna be 45 in May and frankly, I'd just as soon we all stop counting before the numbers really get ugly.

Love to you and loads of joy!!!

Hope you had the most wonderful of days. Dinner sounded fab!!

--Deedee.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home