Wednesday, August 10, 2005

2 year olds suck my wang.

That's what my friend Patti would say. I couldn't agree more.

Hazel wakes up whining. She has thrown at least one major tantrum, over something completely ridiculous, by noon, almost every day. Naptime, which became "rest" time thanks to the new big-girl bed that she knows I have no way of physically keeping her in, is a cruel joke. Throw in one or two more huge (we're talking 20 or 30 minutes) tantrums after "rest" time, constant and unapologetic rule breaking and whining, and you've just described my day.

People we know with three year olds swear that three is even worse than two. Honestly? I don't think that's possible. If it is, I don't think I'm going to make it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marilyn said...

Could she have allergies? Sometimes that causes whininess and general unhappiness. My son was like that and we found out he had ADHD and allergies and later he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Have you had her checked by a doctor?
(Granny)

11:03 PM  
Blogger I am Z said...

nice comments. glad someone is willing to be honest about how difficult parenthood is.

peace,
zayne

12:49 AM  
Blogger Llama_school said...

My god, what is with all the spam comments? They haven't hit my blog yet, guess I may be next.

The tantrums just started for us, complete with back-arching and head-butting. And I can't imagine what I'm going to do without the crib someday, not just for naps but for keeping her contained while I try to dress her, etc.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Llama_school said...

Oh, and would you tell Patti to update her blog! Dang! :)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Alisyn said...

seriously - what IS up with all the spam?? enough, already.

ps - patti's changing DSL providers, so no internet for her. it's taking forever! i miss her posts, too. :)

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ali: Don't take it personally, Hannah did the same thing. She was an ugly little monster girl for about a year and 1/2. She still has melt downs but much less frequently. Hazel girl is simply testing the boundaries. The tighter you make them the shorter the tantrums. What worked best for Hannah was when ever the melt down starts I march her to her room for time out and close the door and tell her she cannot come out until she is done being a meanie. She comes out much nicer. With Gary he had attitude troubles around 6 and I'd make him go outside and leave his attitude by my car and he couldn't come in the house until his bad attitude was gone. Funny kid would lean on my car for 1/2 hour sometimes before coming in the house. LOL. Whatever works. -- hugs -- cousin Deedee

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! rizatriptan venlafaxine interaction

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home